EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST — TRIBAL REPRESENTATION POSITIONS
Ngāti Hauā Iwi Trust (NHIT) is responsible for making appointments to a number of committees, working groups and Boards that ensure Ngāti Hauā participation in decision- making that affects Ngāti Hauā.
In February 2013, NHIT were mandated by the Ngāti Hauā Hui ā Iwi forum to lead environmental issues on behalf of Ngāti Hauā; as a result, a number of appointments to existing committees were brought under the jurisdiction of NHIT. Some committees result directly from provisions of the Ngāti Hauā Claims Settlement Act and others are resultant of partnerships and relationships established post-settlement.
Expressions of Interest are currently being sought from Ngāti Hauā tribal members for representation on the following bodies:
Ruakura Inland Port Tangata Whenua Working Group (TWWG)
The TWWG is comprised of representatives from Ngāti Mahanga, Ngāti Wairere, Ngāti Koroki Kahukura and Ngāti Hauā who all hold mana whenua within the vicinity of the project. The key functions of the group are to provide advice, recommendations and support to the Ruakura development team with implementation of the recommendations in the Cultural Impact Assessment Reports, the Waikato-Tainui Environmental Plan policies and input into environmental and cultural mitigation.
Particular skills and competencies sought:
- Ability to attend meetings as scheduled
- Must represent the interests of Ngāti Hauā in a positive manner and develop/maintain effective working relationships
- Report back to Ngāti Hauā Iwi Trust all applicable information
- An understanding of the work and scope of the committee/group and a commitment to its goals and objectives
- Understand and adhere to the Terms of Reference/Constitution for the group or committee as well as the NHIT External Representation Policy
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 29 October 2021
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org